Friday, December 16, 2011

Frustration

I'm running daily towards my February 4th race goal, if you count from today...the first day I've run for weeks. It was so unexpected in my daily routine that my wife asked me accusingly where I had been for 30 minutes without telling her! That's pretty sad.

I feel a lot of stress mounting from the upcoming Christmas celebrations- my sister and her family are in town this weekend before Christmas and then we leave for the in-laws in New Hampshire. My hope is to use running as stress relief as much as possible, instead of letting it cause stress. Running in much colder climates should be interesting to this Florida boy. At least it will keep me away from the in-law stress for short times during the day to make a stress relief double whammy. 

Food-wise we've been eating out too frequently because the coupons from the last two weeks have been stacking up unorganized. Combine that with some traveling and you have some messed up nutrition. The good news is that we stocked up on vitamins a couple weeks ago so I've been getting copious Vitamin C and B, also good for the stress situation. I'm trying to closely monitor my sleeping and caffeine intake to keep myself  rested and avoid sickness during my extreme weather and schedule changes. I've been excited to go to work everyday because it's consistent and I know what to expect when I get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment