Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On the Run

My exercise routine restarted today thanks to some motivation from upcoming races. I had planned on running the 10k Turkey Trot in St. Pete on Thanksgiving day, but that's not going to happen with just two more weeks training time. There is, however, a race in Melbourne on February 4th, the day before my 32nd birthday, which has an 8k option. There are also live bands playing music along the way, which seems like an awesome plan!

I originally started my severely limited running hobby by aiming at the Gasparilla race in February 2011. That race comes around again March 3rd, 2012 and has a 15k option. That's my big goal for 4 months from now.

I walked today for about 30 minutes with a couple brief 2ish minutes of jogging. I'm going to alternate that with biking, Wii workouts and longer dog walking excursions. 15k is a bit over 9 miles and should take less than 2 hours. Most days of the week I can workout from 8am-10am and cool off with some fresh green juice. Then I'll have plenty of time to recover before work at 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment